Many of you know that Rebecca and I are a team when it comes to our Amazon FBA business. While I mainly focus on retail arbitrage and wholesale sourcing, she is the specialist when it comes to online arbitrage… and specifically sourcing and selling shoes on Amazon.
Since Rebecca has such a wealth of knowledge about sourcing and selling shoes, I decided to sit down with her and record a Q&A interview video focused on the biggest lessons we learned when we first started selling shoes on Amazon.
In the video below, you’ll learn:
- Why we added shoes to our Amazon business model
- How adding shoes impacted our Amazon FBA business
- How shoes helped our ASP increase substantially
- What the competition is like in the Shoes category
- Why brand restrictions in shoes don’t have to be a problem for FBA sellers
- How selling shoes has changed our lives
- Why we choose to source shoes via OA instead of RA
- How sales ranks of shoes are different than most other categories
- … and more!
Enjoy! Leave us a comment below the video if you have a specific shoe question and we’ll see about addressing that in a future blog post or video.
Update: Since this video was recorded, the Shoes category has become open for all sellers with a Professional Seller account with Amazon. There are still many gated brands that you need approval for, but the opportunity to sell thousands of brands is open to all with a Pro Seller account.
If you’re ready to step up your game with selling shoes on Amazon, check out our course, The Reseller’s Guide to Selling Shoes: Kick up Your Profits with New Shoes via Amazon FBA. It’s a combination ebook (100+ pages) and video course (over 4.5 hours of no-fluff content) that will help you avoid all the mistakes we made and get your shoe selling off on the right foot.